In accordance with the Order No. ISAK–2463 of the Minister of Education and Science of the Republic of Lithuania of 1 December 2009 “On the Approval of Description of Procedure for Organisation of Selection of the Director of the State Scientific Research Institute by the Way of an Open Competition” and the Order No. P1–103 of the Minister of Education, Science ant Sport of the Republic of Lithuania of 6 March 2020 “On the Approval of Qualification Requirements for the Position of the Director of the Lithuanian Research Centre for Agriculture and Forestry”, the Ministry of Education, Science and Sport of the Republic of Lithuania announces a competition for the position of the director of the Lithuanian Research Centre for Agriculture and Forestry.
Qualification requirements for the position of the director of the Lithuanian Research Centre for agriculture and forestry:
- have an impeccable reputation;
- have a doctoral degree (PhD) in agricultural or biomedical sciences;
- have no less than 5 years of managerial experience (management of a big team – no less than 10 members – of researchers, a department of an institution or an individual institution or a big scale international research project);
- have participation in research and experimental development (R&D) projects; the advantage would be to have experience in commercializing the results of implemented projects and transferring technology;
- know well the Constitution of the Republic of Lithuania, laws of the Republic of Lithuania, resolutions of the Government of the Republic of Lithuania, legislation of the European Union and other legal acts in relation to the activities of the Centre;
- to know the legal acts defining Lithuanian science and studies policy and strategy (Law of the Republic of Lithuania on Science and Studies, National Program for the Development of Studies, Research and Experimental (Social, Cultural) Development 2013-2020, Development of Integrated Science, Studies and Business Centers (Valleys) and development concept etc.);
- know the principles of governance of the Centre as well as the application of management techniques in his/her work;
- know the specificity and the prospects of the key directions of carrying out research of the Centre;
- be familiar with the Lithuania’s Progress Strategy “Lithuania 2030”;
- be familiar with the institutional system of administration of the structural support of the European Union in Lithuania;
- be familiar with the European Union's strategy papers on R&D (Horizon 2020 proposal for a research and innovation program);
- fluency in Lithuanian (the language proficiency level must correspond to the requirements of the state language proficiency categories approved by the Resolution No. 1688 of the Government of the Republic of Lithuania of 24 December 2003 “On the Approval and Implementation of the State Language Proficiency Categories”), having knowledge of document preparation, administration and accounting rules;
- have good knowledge of several foreign languages, among them – an official foreign language of the EU.
Candidates to the position of the director of the Lithuanian Research Centre for Agriculture and Forestry must provide the following documents:
- a request to participate in the competition (free form) with the contact details specified (phone number, email, residential address);
- a personal identification document and/or its copy;
- a document to serve as a proof of an doctoral degree and/or its copy;
- a description of life and research activities;
- a list of key research works of the past 10 years;
- a draft 5 years action plan of the Lithuanian Research Centre for Agriculture and Forestry and draft work priorities as well as a long-term (10 year) draft operational strategy (guidelines);
- information on participation in international R&D projects;
- a list of activities to prove managerial experience;
- other documents enabling the objective assessment of the candidate’s qualification and compliance with the requirements (at the candidate’s discretion).
The Lithuanian Research Centre for Agriculture and Forestry Director's salary coefficient ranges from 10,0 to 17,83. The Director of the Institute may be paid a bonus for operating efficiency and / or a premium for activities exceeding the normal workload. The specific salary of the director of the institute shall be calculated and determined in accordance with the Description of the Procedure for Assignment of Salaries for Directors of State Research Institutes, whose Owner's Rights and Duties are Implemented by the Ministry of Education, Science and Sports approved by the Order No. ISAK-1089 “On the Approval of the Description of the Procedure for Assignment of Salaries for Directors of State Research Institute, whose Owner's Rights and Duties are Implemented by the Ministry of Education, Science and Sports” of the Minister of Education, Science and Sport of 4 June 2007.
Applicant by 1 July 2020 at the latest must deliver documents (or their translations) in Lithuanian by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org (signed by an electronic signature) or by registered mail addressed to the Ministry of Education, Science and Sport, A. Volano g. 2, 01516 Vilnius or directly to the Ministry of Education, Science and Sport of the Republic of Lithuania (room 117).
The original documents shall be verified against their submitted copies when the applicant arrives for the competition.
For more information, please call: (8 5) 219 1108, (8 5) 219 1170.
Date of announcement: 01-06-2020