ORCiD iD: 0000-0001-8625-245X
Tel. +370 646 39 238
Liepų St. 1, Girionys, LT53101 Kaunas distr., Lithuania
Since 2021 PhD studies in Forestry, Institute of Forestry, LAMMC.
2019–2021 Master‘s in Applied Biotechnology, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Vytautas Magnus University.
2015–2019 Bachelor’s in Biotechnology, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Vytautas Magnus University.
- Tree biotechnology
- Plant physiology
- Plant metabolism studies
- Studies on persistent organic pollutants
Since 2023 Junior researcher, Laboratory of Forest Plant Biotechnology, Institute of Forestry, LAMMC.
2019–2021 Engineer, Laboratory of Forest Plant Biotechnology, Institute of Forestry, LAMMC.
August 2022 – February 2023 Research fellowship at the Department of Biotechnology of Natural Products, Technical University of Munich (TUM), Freising, Germany; project “Assessment of the suitability of Betula pendula trees for phytoremediation of Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons”. The traineeship was funded by the German Federal Environmental Foundation (DBU).
Involvement in programmes and projects
- Since 2022 “Preventing and fighting extreme wildfires with the integration and demonstration of innovative means (DRYADS)”. Program H2020 “A Holistic Fire Management Ecosystem for Prevention, Detection and Restoration of Environmental Disasters”, Junior Researcher.
- June – October 2021 “Development of an innovative product of biological origin for ecologically sustainable protection and increase of productivity of agrobiological resources”, Engineer.
- November 2020 – May 2021 Development of students' skills in conducting scientific (artistic) research during semesters. Project topic “Impact of the interaction between ash or aspen microshoots with symbiotic bacteria on the development of pathogenic resistance in these trees”.
- July 2020 – May 2021 “Research into the possibility of using aspen symbiotic bacteria for the control of pathogenic fungi damaging trees”, Engineer.
- July – December 2019 “Development of an innovative biological product for the optimization of economically and ecologically sustainable production of agrobiological resources”, Engineer.
- 2022 Award for research papers of higher education students from the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences, for the research paper entitled “Populus in vitro microshoot culture interaction with symbiotic bacteria as it regards to eliciting an antipathogenic response”.
- 2021 UAB “Intermedix Lietuva” scholarship for good study results and excellent research accomplishments at the university and beyond throughout the master’s studies.
- 2021 Award for research papers of higher education students from the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences, for the research paper entitled “Investigation of the effect of hormone abscisic acid and application possibilities in the process of micropropagation of selected trees of the genus Populus”.
MAJOR RESEARCH OUTPUTS
Articles in journals indexed in Clarivate Analytics Web of Science database
- Vaitiekūnaitė D., Striganavičiūtė G., Mishcherikova V., Sirgedaitė-Šėžienė V. 2022. Populus tremula × P. alba microshoot secondary metabolism response after Paenibacillus sp. inoculation in vitro. Forests, 13 (10): 1702. IF – 3,282
- Žiauka J., Striganavičiūtė G., Szyp-Borowska I., Kuusienė S., Niemczyk M. 2022. Differences in environmental and hormonal regulation of growth responses in two highly productive hybrid Populus genotypes. Forests, 13 (2): 183. IF – 3,282
- Striganavičiūtė G., Žiauka J., Sirgedaitė-Šėžienė V., Vaitiekūnaitė D. 2021. Impact of plant-associated bacteria on the in vitro growth and pathogenic resistance against Phellinus tremulae of different aspen (Populus) genotypes. Microorganisms, 9 (9): 1901. IF – 4,926
- Striganavičiūtė G., Žiauka J., Sirgedaitė-Šėžienė V., Vaitiekūnaitė D. 2021. Priming of resistance-related phenolics: A study of plant-associated bacteria and Hymenoscyphus fraxineus. Microorganisms, 9 (12): 2504. IF – 4,926
- Striganavičiūtė G., Žiauka J., Papečkytė E., Kuusienė S. 2020. A symbiotic bacterium from hybrid aspen in vitro culture promotes ex vitro adaptation in other Populus. Proceedings of the XI International Scientific Agricultural Symposium „Agrosym 2020“, p. 133–138.
- Striganavičiūtė G., Žiauka J., Jatkauskas T., Szyp-Borowska I., Niemzcyk M., Kuusienė S. 2019. Characterization of Populus hybrids by their different responses to abscisic acid during in vitro culture. Proceedings of the X International Scientific Agricultural Symposium „Agrosym 2019“, p. 1911–1916.