ORCiD iD: 0000-0003-4318-1887
Tel. +370 630 78 833
Stoties st. 2, Akademija, 58343 Kėdainiai municipality
Since 2020 Agricultural Sciences, Agronomy PhD studies, Lithuanian Research Centre for Agriculture and Forestry.
2018–2020 Master‘s degree in Life Sciences, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Vytautas Magnus University.
2015–2018 Bachelor‘s degree in Biological Sciences (Genetics), School of Biological Sciences, University of Leicester.
- Identification of metabolites, associated with freezing tolerance in winter wheat
- Identification and expression analysis of genes, associated with abiotic stress adaptation in plants
- Development of DNA markers and their application in wheat breeding programmes
Since May 2021 Junior Researcher, Institute of Agriculture, LAMMC.
October 2020 – March 2021 Biotechnology Consultant, Kaunas VII fort.
February – September 2020 Biotechnologist and Teacher, Kaunas VII fort.
- 2018–2020 Internship at Lithuanian Research Centre for Agriculture and Forestry.
- From 2018 Member of Academic Scout Movement.
- 2017–2018 Coordinator of volunteers at National Science Festival “Spaceship Earth”.
Involvement in programmes and projects
- 2022 Baltic Research Programme “NOBALwheat – breeding toolbox for sustainable food system of the NOrdic BALtic region”, technical worker.
- 2021 EPPN2020 // Transnational Access project “Metabolite profiling in winter wheat during cold acclimation, deacclimation and reacclimation”, coordinator.
- 2021 Lithuanian Academy of Sciences (LMA) 10th Conference of young scientists “Young scientists for advance in agriculture”, diploma for best presentation “Evaluation of winter wheat shoot biomass growth dynamics during cold acclimation using sensor-based phenotyping”.
- 2021 Lithuanian Academy of Sciences (LMA) 2020 competition of scientific works of higher education students, winner with the research work “Identification and analysis of novel Sus1, Wx-B1 and Wx-D1 alleles in winter wheat TILLING populations”.
- 2019–2022 Lithuanian Foundation Scholarship for academic achievements and volunteerism in the Lithuanian community or in the community at large.
- 2019–2021 Vydūnas Youth Fund Scholarship for higher academic achievements and active participation in Lithuanian Scouting and Academic Scout Movement.
- 2019 “R1 Lithuania” Scholarship for higher academic achievements and strong involvement in social and public activities within the university and beyond.
MAJOR RESEARCH OUTPUTS
Articles in journals indexed in Clarivate Analytics Web of Science database
Vaitkevičiūtė G., Aleliūnas A., Gibon Y., Armonienė R. 2022. The effect of cold acclimation, deacclimation and reacclimation on metabolite profiles and freezing tolerance in winter wheat. Frontiers in Plant Science, 13: 959118. IF – 6,627
- Vaitkevičiūtė G., Aleliūnas A., Gibon Y., Armonienė R. 2022. Comparative analysis of antioxidant accumulation under cold acclimation, deacclimation and reacclimation in winter wheat. Plants, 11 (21): 2818. IF – 4,658
- Aleliūnas A., Jaškūnė K., Statkevičiūtė G., Vaitkevičiūtė G., Brazauskas G., Armonienė R. 2020. Transcriptome changes triggered by a short-term low temperature stress in winter wheat. Zemdirbyste-Agriculture, 107 (4): 329–336. IF – 1,083