Tel. +370 37 55 52 17
Kaunas St. 30, Babtai, LT-54333 Kaunas distr.
Since September 2020 Agricultural Sciences, Agronomy, PhD studies at Lithuanian Research Centre for Agriculture and Forestry.
2006 Master degree, Faculty of Agriculture, Latvia University of Agriculture.
2004 Bachelor degree, Faculty of Agriculture, Latvia University of Agriculture.
- Epidemiology and development of horticulture plants pest and diseases
- Biological and integrated control of pests and diseases in horticultural crops
- Forecasting of the diseases and pests and integrated plant protection of horticultural crops
Since January 2019 Researcher LLU Institute for Plant Protection Research “Agrihorts”.
June 2013 – December 2018 Member of the Board, Latvian Plant Protection Research Centre, Ltd.
January 2007 – December 2018 Researcher (horticultural crop pathology), Latvian Plant Protection Research Centre.
February 2006 – January 2007 Assistant (horticultural crop pathology), Latvian Plant Protection Research Centre.
July 2003 – February 2006 Agronomist (horticultural crop pathology), Latvian Plant Protection Research Centre.
Memberships and affiliations with professional organizations
- Since 2018 Chairperson of NorBaRag (Nordic Baltic collaboration about pesticide resistance research and pesticide efficacy evaluation).
- 2012–2013 Member in International Organization for Biological and Integrated Control (IOBC-WPRS).
- Since 2016 Member of advisory board in Institute of Horticulture.
- 2013–2019 Member in scientific council of LLU.
- February 2017 Courses for obtaining a plant protection consultant certificate, Latvian Rural Advisory and Training Centre, Latvia.
- May 2011 NOVA PhD courses “Plant diseases: from survival to epidemics and management strategies”, Honne, Norway.
- Semptember – December 2004 SOCRATUS ERASMUS; exchange studies in Häme Polytechnic, Lepaa, Finalnd.
Involvement in programmes and projects
- 2020 MOA project “In-depth study of the identified priority areas in the field of plant protection, promoting awareness of the safe and responsible use of plant protection products”).
- 2020 MOA project “Evaluation and identification of the most effective methods of controlling topical pests of legumes and identification of factors influencing the viability of pollinators important for agriculture”).
- 2019–2023 EAFRD project “Innovative, cost-effective solutions for apple and raspberry production efficiency and fruit to improve quality”.
- 2018–2020 EAFRD project “Support for demonstration activities and information activities”,
arranging and conducting demonstration trials on various plant protection issues in fruit growing.
- 2018–2020 MOA project “Use and improvement of decision support system for control harmful organisms in integrated fruit production”).
- 2017–2020 ERDF project Environment-friendly cultivation of emerging commercial fruit crop Japanese quince - Chaenomeles japonica and waste-free methods of its processing.
- 2015–2017 EP7, ERA-Net, Core Organic Plus project „Innovative design and management to boost functional biodiversity of organic orchards (ECOORCHARD)”.
- 2015–2017 Rural Support Service project “The control of apple and pear scab and codling moth by using decision support system RIMpro and adaption for apple canker control in integrated fruit production”.
- 2012–2014 EAFRD project No. 061211/c-114 “Development of sustainable organic horticulture, using environmentally friendly plant protection strategies, preserving natural resources and their biodiversity”.
- 2011–2013 ERDF project “Development and adaptation for the Latvia conditions of innovative technological solutions for growing of fruit and berries”.
- 2011–2013 ERDF project “Development of environmentally friendly plant origin plant protection products from extracts of conifer biomass”.
- 2010–2011 EAFRD project “Development of sustainable fruit cultivation by making use of methods friendly to environment, waters and landscape, integrated cultivation technologies for mitigation of the climate changes and ensuring biological diversity”.
- 2007–2009 MOA project “Specifying of environmentally friendly cultivation technologies in fruit and berry plantations under different soil and climatic conditions”.
- April 2013 Gratitude from Latvia University of Agriculture for the creative contribution in the development of the science in pomology.
MAJOR RESEARCH OUTPUTS
Articles in journals indexed in Clarivate Analytics Web of Science database
- Rancāne R., Valiuškaitė A., Zagorska V., Komašilovs V., Rasiukevičiūtė N. 2023. The overall environmental load and resistance risk caused by long-term fungicide use to control Venturia inaequalis in apple orchards in Latvia. Plants, 12 (3): 450. IF – 4,658
Other peer-reviewed publications
- Stensvand A., Eikemo H., Rancane R., Gadoury M. D. 2015. Wood scab in apple and pear. IOBC-WPRS Bulletin, 110: 57–58.
- Laugale V., Dane S., Apenite I., Volkova J., Rancane R., Strautina S. 2014. Performance of everbearing strawberry in Latvia. Acta Horticulturae, 1049: 863–866.
- Jankevica L., Samsone I., Minova S., Seskena R., Halimona J., Metla Z., Laugale V., Rancane R., Daugavietis M., Zarins I. 2013. Elaboration of new environmentally friendly plant protection product from coniferous trees biomass against plant diseases. 13th SGEM GeoConference on Ecology, Economics, Education and Legislation, SGEM2013 Conference Proceedings, 1: 353–360.
- Rancane R., Vilka L., Bankina B. 2013. Urea application as a sanitation practice to manage pear scab. Annual 19th international scientific conference proceedings Research for Rural Development 2013, 1: 13–17.
- Volkova J., Vilka L., Stanke L., Rancane R., Bazenova A. 2013. Molecular characterization of Monilinia laxa and M. fructigena causing brown rot of sweet cherry in Zemgale region of Latvia. Acta Biologica Universitatis Daugavpiliensis, 13 (1): 177–184.
- Laugale V., Jankevica L., Samsone I., Haļimona J., Sešķēna R., Metla Z., Lepsis J., Rancāne R., Daugavietis M. 2013. Preliminary studies on development of a new environmentally friendly plant protection product against grey mould. Proceedings of the Latvian Academy of Sciences, 67 (2): 199–202.
- Rancane R., Lace B., Lacis G. 2012. Distribution and development of European pear rust in Latvia and relationship between severity and yield. IOBC-WPRS Bulletin, 84: 39–45.
- Eihe M., Rancane R., Vilka L. 2009. Different fungicide combinations against apple scab helping to avoid fungus resistance. Sodininkystė ir daržininkystė, 28 (3): 57–67.
- Rancane R., Eihe M., Jankovska L. 2008. Adaption of simulation model RIMpro for primary apple scab control in Latvia. Proceedings of the eighth international symposium on modelling in fruit research and orchard management. Acta Horticulturae, 803: 214–218.